Monday, January 7, 2013

Fixing pgindent

It's sometimes amazing how hard finding a single misplaced or wrong character can be. I was puzzled and annoyed by some very odd behaviour of pgindent with the Json code I've been working on, and finally got a clue to what was going wrong when I found it indenting the whole source tree  when given a single file argument. That led me to the source of the problem, and a fix which involved removing a single spurious backslash from the code. Since I wrote it I have no-one to blame but myself for the wasted 90 minutes. Those are the sorts of things that make you give yourself a mental kick in the pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment