Friday, July 19, 2013

More info on the Buildfarm dashboard page

I'm fairly conservative about adding things to the Buildfarm dashboard page. Probably screens are mostly wider than they used to be back when the buildfarm was written, but I try to make sure there won't be any line wrap.

But today I did add something - each line now shows the git HEAD ref of the build in question. That makes it easier to see which builds contain a certain commit. This was at the request of Stephen Frost. I think we can afford the extra line width.

The changes to the web app were tiny. The database required a bit more - the dashboard is driven by a bespoke manually refreshed materialized view, and that table and the view used to refresh it had to have the extra column added.

I hope this proves useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment